[Traverso-devel] (Ladspa) plugins, please help :-)

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] (Ladspa) plugins, please help :-)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:16:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,

I'm working on a ladspa plugin implementation, looking at the code of
hydrogen has helped a lot :-)

Not sure if it's gonna work since I'm "dry coding" it on a windows machine.

Anyway, my question is this:

What type of objects should have plugin support?

Track, Song MasterOut and AudioClip

or:

Track and Song MasterOut

or:

In respect to applying the effect.
Hydrogen mixes it by default with the "dry" signal.
That is, it makes a copy of the audio rendered so far, runs the plugin
over the copy, and mixes the output of the plugin with the original
rendered audio.
The amount if "wet" signal is controlled by a fader.

But I'm not sure if this is the desired way of applying effects.
Does any of you have a clear idea of the desired way to do this?

Not sure if there are "other" (future) types of plugins, maybe 'internal'
ones, which have their own "jmb gui", but internally make use a predefined
ladspa plugin...
My idea is to make a base class "Plugin" and let LadspaPlugin inherit from
it, so in Track and Song and AudioClip, we only have a list of Plugins,
processed before/after their own processing code.
But thats just an implementation issue.

Any feedback is welcome!