[Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:50:43 +0200

Hi (Nicola),

I've uploaded the FadeView class, and a new type of Dialog, the Contextual
Dialog which has the same capabilities as the SongView, that is, it uses the
same contextual interface!

I've created the FadeContextualDialog and related classes, and merged Nicola's
jmbfade into it.
There are still a number of rough edges, but the concept is there and works.

Things that needs some love is:
- Correct loading from xml file
- jmbfade only had support for Fade IN, and not Fade OUT

Nicola, can you give me some help to create the Fade OUT part ?

The FadeCurve now consist of 10 nodes, which seems to be sufficient to create
a smooth curve. If more are needed, no problem, just let me know

Nicola, your jmbfade doesn't understand a Curve with nodes, instead it makes
one...
The problem arising now is, when the dialog is shown, it resets the FadeCurve
to the default as created by the jmbfade.

I was thinking, maybe it's even better to store the bend, strenght and
strength points into an xml file, and _always_ create the nodes from there?

It's actually a nice thing to have, since it simplifies the xml scheme, and
also the Dialog code, by moving the calculations of the Curve (from the
jmbfade) to FadeCurve class.

Apart from the rough edges, it seems to work really nice :-)

Have a nice day,

Remon

P.S.
Nicola, I hope you can get your brain around my code, quite some changes here
and there.
But it's somewhat what I had in mind for Contextual Dialogs...