Re: [Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:18:41 +0200

> Could you check if in your version of jmbfade there is a line 'direction =
> FADE_IN;' in the constructor? My most recent version works in both
> directions, maybe yours is not up to date.

No, didn't see it, I must have an older version.

> > The FadeCurve now consist of 10 nodes, which seems to be sufficient to
> > create a smooth curve. If more are needed, no problem, just let me know
>
> Should be ok for the monotone curve. Does it still look smooth for the
> S-type curve? If not we should probably use spline interpolation in the
> dialog as well, to make it look nicer.

Both the dialog and the fadeview (the actual view on the audioclip) use spline
interpolation now, with a resolution of one calculation per 2 pixels :-)
The S-type curve didn't work to well with 6 nodes, 10 is perhaps still a bit
on the low side for S-type curves, though it looks smooth here.

> > I was thinking, maybe it's even better to store the bend, strenght and
> > strength points into an xml file, and _always_ create the nodes from
> > there?
>
> I think the easiest solution would be to store the curve parameters
> somewhere in order to restore the curve. The parent class does not have to
> 'understand' these values (bending, strength, mode, direction etc.), just
> store them and send them to the fade dialog whenever it is shown.

Yeah, seems a much better solution. It also makes it _much_ easier to make the
node count configurable!

> P.S. Is it in the 0.30.1 release?

No, it's in head, 0.30.1 is a bug fix release with minor feature improvements
too, but this one seems like a large addition actually.
There needs to be something for 0.40.0 you know ;-)