Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso 0.30.1 tarball for testing

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso 0.30.1 tarball for testing
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:40:22 +0200

Hi Nicola,

> Some nice improvements! I have an OS X bundle ready, which hopefully
> includes all required libraries. I'll forward it to you as soon as I have
> tested it on a virgin Mac. There were some minor changes to the *.pro files
> required. I'll send you the patches soon.

OK, nice!
No need to hurry btw, there aren't really that crucial fixes in this release,
it seems there aren't crucial bugs haha ;-)

> > I wonder a bit how the solo/mute improvements have to be interpreted, I'm
> > not able anymore to easily listen to one track at a time by doing < O >
> > on tracks...
> > Could you enlighten me a bit Nicola?
>
> Heh, that's the difference between you (working with stereo files, I guess)
> and me (working with mono tracks). For me the solo function was almost
> useless as long as it was not possible to solo 2 tracks at a time. But we
> can easily solve the problem if you prefer the old 'only 1 solo track at at
> time' mode: Revert to the old behaviour and add two new functions 'add
> solo' and 'add mute' (e.g. <IO> and <UI> or whatever) which do not
> deactivate other solos and mutes. Keep <<O>> and <<U>> to deactivate all of
> them.

Ah, that was very enlightening!

Hmm, not sure if it is a good idea for 0.30.1.
Ehm, well, I've to think about it, it's not that important anyways.
The suggested new actions are very acceptable though, and adds some powerfull
options!
Let's at least add it for the next major release :-)