Re: [Traverso-devel] current cvs updates

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] current cvs updates
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:54:23 +0200

Remon Sijrier wrote:
>> Hehe... =) Actually, since you already use the mousebutton for some
>> things, I really think it's OK to use it for the "most common action" on
>> everything. Like dragging a clip [ Button ] or setting the marker
>> < Button >.
>
> As a user pointed out, "by not being able to use the mouse buttons _at_all_,
> you very quickly discover that Traverso is different in user interface
> interaction, I think you should keep it like that".

True, you quickly discover that it's different. But does that make it
good? All mice have at least one button, and sometimes it's very logical
to use it. =)

> The question is, to what degree should mouse buttons be added?
> Standard menu's and buttons are great, and I'll certainly gonna use them!
> But when you mix the keyboard/mouse concept with 'standard' mouse button
> actions, the results could be more confusing at first, and learn you less
> quickly how to use Traverso efficiently, and make the learning curve even
> higher....

Yes, care should be taken... There should not be lots of buttons and
menu's when it can be avoided. But in dialogs and stuff like that's its
often easier with two buttons: OK and Cancel than to remember that you
should press a certain key, etc...

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-