Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip/Source manager

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip/Source manager
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:25:47 +0200

Hi,

> Also, as Nicola pointed out, it could be useful with a 'link' action in
> addition to 'copy'. Which means that the clip will *not* be copied when
> modified. Perhaps this could be toggled on/off on the clip, or even
> always 'link' when dragging it from the cliplist and then have a
> <D>uplicate action on the clip which creates a copy of the clip and
> replaces the track Clip with the new copy, so if you want to modify a
> clip without it affecting all other instances of the clip, you do <D>
> first.
>
> I'm just thinking out loud here, what do you think?

I think I get the idea, but it's not as simple as it looks like.
Linking an AudioClip seems like good idea, but what parameters should be
shared?

Let's sum up what AudioClips have in respect to parameters:

        Track*                  track;
        Song*                   song;
        AudioSource*            audioSource;
        ReadSource*             readSource;
        QList<WriteSource* >    writeSources;
        QList<FadeCurve* >      fades;
        FadeCurve*              fadeIn;
        FadeCurve*              fadeOut;
        Curve*                  gainEnvelope;

        QString                 name;
        nframes_t               trackStartFrame;
        nframes_t               trackEndFrame;
        nframes_t               sourceEndFrame;
        nframes_t               sourceStartFrame;
        nframes_t               sourceLength;
        nframes_t               length;

        bool                    isSelected;
        bool                    isTake;
        bool                    isMuted;
        bool                    isRecording;
        float                   gain;
        float                   normfactor;

        qint64          id;
        qint64          readSourceId;
        int             refcount;

Heh, thats just about it :-)

Now say, you move the edge of the "root" clip.
What should happen?
How to notify the AudioClipView....
Same for gain, fades and so on.

It would be lovely if you could figure out what params should be shared, and
how 'linked' clips should act on a certain parameter change.

Thanks!