Re: Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip/Source manager

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip/Source manager
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:27:49 +0200

Hi Remon,

When I asked about the implicitly shared clips I didn't actually want to
encourage this concept. I just had the impression that you had plans to
implement it and I wanted to know more about it. But considering the confusion
it caused I suggest you completely forget about it! There's obviously no need
for and no benefit in such a concept. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

> I've lost track of what I was doing actually, was there something we were
> workign on actually?

LOL! While we're at it: I haven't been able to compile the cvs version for a
couple of days now. (I can't tell you what's wrong because I'm not working at
my linux system right now.)

But back to topic: Could you please post your comments / the status of the
following IMO important features? Due to my long absence I've missed recent
developments quite a bit.

- LV2 plugin support
- Routing, Subgroups, Aux-busses
- Basic set of good internal effects (EQ, Compressor, Reverb)
- Transition to QGraphicsView (Qt4.2)
- General stability of the GUI and backend

As soon as I have a working cvs version, I will do some extensive tests and
post my experiences and comments.

I have some ideas for routing support, and hopefully the implementation is
pretty simple. I'll come back to that as soon as I've prepared some
illustrations.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Nic