Re: [Traverso-devel] Routing concept

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Routing concept
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:45:53 +0200

Hello Nicola,

Thanks for the explanation!

I think I get the idea, we have talked about it before, however then it was
more about subgrouping, right?
IIRC, you called a subgroup also a Bus, which was similar to the AUX Bus
concept, however you wrote that a SubGroup Bus could have AudioClip just like
Track's.

I need to re-read the emails about that subject to refresh my memory, I'll try
to do so in the weekend.
From a coding point of view, it would be nice if things are very clear for me
what Tracks and (AUX/Grouped) Buses share, how the routing code should look
like, and if for example an AudioClip, Plugin or even Song 'share' or could
benefit from some of the routing concepts.
(If they all 'share' the same routing concepts _and_ code or parts of the
code, they could inherit from a "Routable" class for example...)
Also, things not 'possible' in hardware, could be done easily in software,
like adding AudioClips to an AUX Bus ;-)
Just something to think about hehe.

Greetings,

Remon