[Traverso-devel] Re: Hi Nicola ;-)

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Re: Hi Nicola ;-)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:55:18 +0200

> > Anyway, I had this idea last week.
> > Merge the FadeDialog and FadeView into one, just like you suggest now.
> > So you
> > can edit the fade on clip like you can do it in the fadedialog.
> > However, you need a rather large area to work on, that is, you need to
> > zoom
> > into the audioclip quite a lot, to make the jmb concept work for editing
> > fades.
> >
> > What about this. You do < e > on a Fade, it 'zooms out' as a ViewItem,
> > placed
> > below/besides/above the fadeview (depending on how much screen space there
> > is)
> > So you don't have another dialog, the 'modeless' design will work again,
> > and
> > you can 'zoom into a specific viewitem' in the ViewPort.
> > Of course with some nice animations hehe
>
> Why would I need a large area to work on? As long as I hold the key I can >
> leave the fade area with the mouse cursor without losing the action,
> can't I? What you suggest will probably lead to the same distraction as
> the current solution with a dialog. But since this is highly
> fade-specific, we should keep the 'modeless' concept in mind for other
> applications, maybe the EQ dialog?

Now that I read it again, I understand what you mean. It sounds like a good
idea to zoom into the fade, provided it is optional and all parameters can also
be edited directly in the audio clip. Another solution would be to define the
outermost pixels of an audio clip as the fade area, even if the fade itself is
shorter. E.g. if the fade is only 5 pixels wide, it could still be edited in
the first 20 or so pixels from the end of the clip.

Cheers
Nic

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl