[Traverso-devel] Fixed cursor position during hold action

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Fixed cursor position during hold action
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:39:42 +0200

> > It sounds weird indeed. The only example that comes to my mind at the
> > moment is Lightwave3d. The pan/zoom/translate functions work exactly as
> > described above, and it can happen that you have to re-position the
> > mouse. But still I find the function very intuitive.
>
> I'll see what I can do :-)
> (patches are accepted too hehe)

I've looked into it a bit further, 'maybe' it's possible to install an X Event
Filter, and use Xlib functions to have the Cursor stay at the same place even
if the mouse moves, but somehow I don't like that idea ;-)

But I made it somewhat working by moving the cursor continuously back during a
hold action (Gain) and it's indeed nicer to work with!

However, this solution makes the Cursor very 'nervous', because it moves up
and down very quickly to it's original position....
(and hogs the X server quite a bit :-( )

Ideas how to solve this particular 'problem' will be mostly welcome.