[Traverso-devel] Gain/Pan/Other Curves

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Gain/Pan/Other Curves
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:21:13 +0100

Hi list,

I'm not sure if I've asked this before, so here it goes (again):

What would be the preferred way to display/handle gain/pan curves?
Does it make sense to have both a gain/pan curve for Track and AudoClips, or
only for a Track ?
The Track gain/pan curves will always start at trackstart, while the gain/pan
curves for an AudioClip start relative to the AudioClip of course....

Also, the Curves have a number of nodes, and calculation of the points
inbetween the nodes is done by cubical spline interpolation, and is not a
lineair line between the nodes.
My question is, should the painting follow the 'real' curve, and paint a
polygon, or should the painting be done with lineair lines between the
nodes ? (The cost of polygon painting is relatively low, so that's not a
thing to worry about)

I remember I've talked about this before with Nicola, but I'm not sure if
there was a conclusion....

Thanks,