Re: [Traverso-devel] Request for ideas on Zooming

From: Nicola Doebelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Request for ideas on Zooming
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:33:26 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 19:43 schrieb Remon:
> Let's make this list a bit more usefull, here it comes:
>
> When we zoom [ Z ], what do we then actually want to happen?
>
> 1) The cursor stays at the same point it started (say track 2, time
> position 3:45), and the zooming centers on this point
>
> 2) The zooming centers (always) on the work cursor position
>
> 3) The zooming _only_ zooms on the track the cursor is upon (both for the
> vertical and horizontal zoom)
>
> 4) Trackpanel is used  for vertical zoom (for the _pointed_ track only)
> track view is used for omnidirection zooming, zooms _all_ tracks (both
> vertically and horizontally)
>
> 4) some other case ?

Not the ultimate solution, just a few thoughts I'd like to add:

- In future traverso will probably have a display mode "follow play head",
which keeps the play head centered during playback (or at least jumps forward
as soon as the playhead leaves the viewport). Zooming horizontally should
then center on the play head rather than jumping back to the work cursor.

- I don't understand your point 3) in respect to horizontal zooming. I think
horizontal zooming should always work on all track simultaneously.

- Point 4): That would be one solution, but somehow I would prefer a separate
key action for vertical zooming of one single track. On ch_de keyboard layout
Z and T are adjacent and would be ideal. Not on english layout, though.

HTH

Greetings
Nic