[Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:11:05 +0100

Hi again,

I knew I forgot at least one thing to throw into the wild:

Curve support, or like it's called, envelopes is functional, and since 2 days,
real time thread save, without locks, which took a bit time to get right :-)
(or in other words, up till now the curve had some quirks which could result
in either bogus on screen or in your headphones hehe)

< F2 > to switch to CurveMode < F1 > back to Edit Mode.

(ehm, I think I've asked this more or less before btw?)

Anyway, when going into CurveMode, what do you like to see right now?

A Gain curve created by default? Also one for Pan? Any other kind of curve ?
How to select the 'active' Curve?

If no curve should be created by default, how to add the one of your choice ?

I would like to point out the way I have in mind for Plugins, the plugins for
a Track/AudioClip will be diplayed more or less like in [1]
(sorry, the only lv2 plugin I have that works is the simple amplifier, but one
can get the idea, no?)

I've something similar in mind for Curves. By doing so, they can share the
same code for organizing, placement, moving the order (doesn't make sense for
curves maybe?), and so on, this would apply for the gui code.
By making it a Plugin, one can use the bypass feature, and anything else that
a Plugin offers, anyone on this one ?

Looking forward to your comments,

Remon

[1] http://vt.shuis.tudelft.nl/~remon/uglyfonts/uitwerking70.png