Re: [Traverso-devel] Thoughts on plugin strategy

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Thoughts on plugin strategy
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:59:06 +0100

> What I don't get is: What will a plugin 'look like'? I don't mean it's GUI,
> but where will I see the plugin chain, where would I re-arrange them, and
> how would I call the GUI of one of them? I remember a screenshot showing
> pink rectangles as place-holders for plugins. When would they be visible?
> In "Effects View"? And when would the curves be visible?
>
> Sorry if I missed the point, but I'm having problems seeing a clear
> concept.

Argh.......

The whole point about having an 'Effects View' is to be able to select an
effect, so it can be edited!
It doesn't make sense to show all curves in this view, without knowing to
which 'effect' it belongs, and no ability to 'select' the curve you want to
edit.

So the 'pink (magenta)' boxes are indeed a representation for the effect (feel
free to make it look nicer), so you can < E > edit it (shows the GUI), or
somehow (this is what I'm trying to get sorted out) select it, and all it's
curves becomes visible as curves _and_ 'pink (magenta lol)' boxes, somehow
placed in such way you understand it belongs to the selected plugin.

One idea of me was to first select a Track as active, or maybe as soon as you
select a plugin in a track it becomes the 'active' one.
The plugin boxes will then move 'below' the track, so the trackview becomes
clearly visible (those boxes don't get in the way of the curves).
Jonatan suggested to place them 'between' tracks, not sure which version works
best.

So the order of the plugin boxes is well, the order of the plugins.
They are visible in 'Effects View'
Special one would be the Fader, curve slightly visible in Edit View as well ?
Re-arange, use [ D ]
Delete: << R >>
Undo that one < F 5 >
Bypassing a plugin < B >
Maybe I forgot something, :-)

Sometimes I wish we could talk directly, mail goes so slowly, and my english
isn't as good as my native language (which isn't that good either (om je maar
voor te zijn Ingmar :-P )