Re: [Traverso-devel] Theming: fonts, colors, etc

From: Nicola Doebelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Theming: fonts, colors, etc
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:16:25 +0100

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2007 18:40 schrieb Remon:
> > I have absolutely no experience with XML, so I may be totally wrong, but
> > like this you need special functions for each class, e.g. get_color for
> > colors, get_font for fonts etc. If there's a new type, the themer must be
> > updated. E.g. if in future we need QPixmaps, a get_pixmap function must
> > be added.
>
> You have a point here. On the other hand, it's not that hard to add one
> function in the themer, and do most of the parsing there, instead of doing
> the parsing in all the classes that get their theme from the themer .. ?

Actually, now that I think of it again, your are probably right that we don't
need absolute flexibility in that case. It's used for theming only, so it is
rather predictable what types will be required. Colors, fonts, gradients,
maybe SVG files and pixmaps. That's about it. If we forget something, we
might have to add another 1 or 2 get_* functions to the themer, but that's no
big deal, indeed. You could also add a function get_string(), which could be
used to get unclassified values, e.g. filenames or whatever can be stored in
a string.

Regards,
Nic