[Traverso-devel] bas sound with alsa, no sound with jack

From: Matt Price
Subject: [Traverso-devel] bas sound with alsa, no sound with jack
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:22:13 -0500

hi,

hope it's ok to use the -devel list, there didn't appear to be much
traffic on the -users list.

having trouble getting traverso to work on a ubuntu-feisty system using
the .debs in the repository.  With the alsa driver, I get choppy/staticy
sound, while jack is always silent.  System info as follows:

-traverso 0.30.1
-lowlatency ubuntu kernel with lowlatency enabled, realtime-lsm
installed and running.
-intel-hda 82801G audio controller, using the intel_hda module.

I know that jack works ok as I can now get it to sound right in ardour2
(took a little work...).

I'm happy to do a little testing if you can give me some direction. Am
using traverso to edit audio documentaries, so latency is not as much an
issue for me as for some other people.  Howver, I do need to be able to
listen to my work when I'm editing. I really LOVE the interface,
congratulations on a terrific job.   Thanks!

matt
--
Matt Price
History Dept