Re: [Traverso-devel] bas sound with alsa, no sound with jack

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] bas sound with alsa, no sound with jack
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:58:12 +0100

Hello Matt,

> hope it's ok to use the -devel list, there didn't appear to be much
> traffic on the -users list.

No problem

> having trouble getting traverso to work on a ubuntu-feisty system using
> the .debs in the repository.  With the alsa driver, I get choppy/staticy
> sound, while jack is always silent.  System info as follows:
>
> -traverso 0.30.1
> -lowlatency ubuntu kernel with lowlatency enabled, realtime-lsm
> installed and running.
> -intel-hda 82801G audio controller, using the intel_hda module.

There's one user with something similar, also has an intel-hda audio chip,
will lookup what I found on the internet as 'solution' to this problem.
What alsa version do you have  now ?

> I'm happy to do a little testing if you can give me some direction. Am
> using traverso to edit audio documentaries, so latency is not as much an
> issue for me as for some other people.  Howver, I do need to be able to
> listen to my work when I'm editing. I really LOVE the interface,
> congratulations on a terrific job.   Thanks!

My pleasure, it's really nice to get this kind of feedback :-)

Greetings,

Remon

P.S.

Nicola's reply to your next email:
> Oops, sorry for posting to your personal address. Once again for the list:

The original mail didn't make it to the mailinlist either, could you please
post it too here, it's a bit hard for me to get a clue now :-)