Re: [Traverso-devel] compiling from cvs

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] compiling from cvs
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:44:31 +0100

Hi,

> thanks both of you guys, update-alternatives and ./cleancompile worked
> and I was able to compile and install from cvs (sudo checkinstall make
> install) but the package seems to be missing lots of core bits. I'm
> wondering whether I need to add some switches or install some more
> packages?  traverso fails with:
>
> $ traverso
> traverso: error while loading shared libraries: libtraversocore.so.1:

The linker doesn't find the traverso libraries. There are two solutions (I
favour the second one):

1. You probably don't have an entry "/usr/local/lib" in your /etc/ld.so.conf
file. You can simply add this line (without the quotes) to /etc/ld.so.conf. If
the file doesn't exists, create a new one. Then run "sudo ldconfig" to update
the linker configuration. That's it.

2. You can also point the linker to the directory where you compiled traverso.
Then you don't even need to "make install". I'm compiling it in
/home/nic/development/traverso, so I simply did:

  sudo echo /home/nic/development/traverso/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf

and then

  sudo ldconfig

That's it. Now you can, after a ./cleancompile, run traverso from the same
location by typing ./traverso. No installation needed.

Greetings
Nic