Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:08:45 +0100

> Or, hold [D] to drag with current snap state, but hold [Alt+D] to drag
> with "other" snap state. So if you have snap enabled, you could hold
> Alt+D to drag with snap temporarily turned off.

Sure, can be made too, though in this scenario one cannot toggle the snap
state _during_ the move action.

This action would thus not make use of the modifier keys for hold actions, but
would be a new drag function.

A similar issue is automatic shuttle (scroll left/right, up/down) during clip
drag, what about a similar feature to turn on/off automatic shuttle during
dragging actions ?

Remember that to keep things simple, actions are centered around a key fact,
so [ D ] for drag, adding [Alt D], [SHIFT D] and so on might add to the
confusion, and it's less flexible, once you started the drag action, you
cannot turn snapping on/off.

Oh, I forgot, it doesn't toggle the global snap function, just for the clip
that's been dragged. Same for auto shuttle !

Best,