Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:17:54 +0100

Morning :-P

> So how is the snap "granularity" set? i mean, sometimes i just want to
> move a
> clip one 1/16, sometimes just a quarter. what do you think about
> setting the
> granularity at any time (while dragging as well) with for example:
> [1] cut in half the current grid density
> [2] double the current grid density
> [3] cut in third the current grid density or more like third
> enable/disable
> [4] disable/enable grid

Humtiedum.... ah, grid, that would be great to have, no?

Currently, only audioclip edges are snap points, the snap lut is created in
SnapList class. I suppose some sort of grid thing, including the painting
might be of great value!

> maybe using a second key as modifier, as you said snap <S>. one could
> add something
> similar for fast zooming into 1/1 1/2 etc... which would pretty much rock.

Not sure what you mean here, zooming into 1/1, 1/2 of what ?

> this way working on clips and zooming in and around the arrangement
> is somehow coherent and these are the two tools you probably use most
> frequently while editing.

My newest idea to zooming is that the startpoint of the zoom action keeps
there, like you 'magnify' the point the cursor was at a certain moment,
currently we zoom centered on the work cursor, but I don't like that....

A new zoom action (something like [ Z X ], but you're free to bind it to your
key of choice) for track vertical zooming could be handy too, so the pointed
track will be verticall zoomed (maybe horizontal will work as well with this
action).

Hmm, a little offtopic this idea, anyone any suggestions? Please in a new
thread.

Good night,

Remon