[Traverso-devel] Some QGraphicsView (the canvas) problems

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Some QGraphicsView (the canvas) problems
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:53:40 +0100

Hi,

As you know, there has been some babbling going on here about painting
performance, or the lack of it.

The painting overhead for the playhead is insignificant, and perhaps a triple
buffer approach can make it even more insignificant.

Zooming however has doubled the cpu usage, which is correct, currently zooming
generates 2 paintevents!

I'm sorry for the trouble, and you was right to make note of this Nicola, it
could in fact have been gone by unnoticed due me thinking it was a xorg
problem.

There are some more issues that cause unwanted repaints, I'll investigate why
this happens (no luck so far), eventually send a problem report about this to
trolltech, and hope the best for it.

(Or burn the damn thing to the ground, and use another canvas that does what
it advertises it should do!!!!!!)

Have a nice weekend,