[Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: [Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:05:42 +0100

Just tried the latest CVS version. it's all very nice!
But it died with this when exiting:

Catched the SIGSEGV signal!
Unable to process thread save adding/removing of object into audio
processing execution path!
This is most likely caused by the audiodevice thread (or Jacks' one)
gone wild or stalled
One issue could be that you are not running with real time privileges!
Please check for this!
To improve future program behaviour, please report this so we can sort
out the problem!

I've never actually used linux (my own computer) for this kind of audio
work and i'm not sure how to run it with realtime privs (except running
it as root, which I rather not)... Can anyone give me a hint? =)
Anyhow, it shouldn't crash just because you don't run it with rt privs,
right?

Then some questions:

- is all the available actions listed in the Q menu?

- is the curve view supposed to work?

- copying a clip should draw the clip while dragging it so you see where
it goes..

- i think it would be good to always play from the work cursor when
pressing SPACE, but continuing from last playpos when pressing something
other... (you most often want to replay a part instead of continuing)

And, my main feature requests:

- audio source and clip list/tree pane, where clips and whole files can
be dragged and dropped onto tracks

- "offline" processing of clip or whole track through external app
(sox), as said before, it could be a *really* simple but powerfull
dialog with a commandline entry where some variable is replaced by input
and output file... a powerful tool for powerusers! ordinary users will
have to wait until we make nice GUI frontends for sox and have working
plugins.. =)

- track/index marks in the songview, and ability to export whole song to
a single WAV + TOC file for burning with CDRDAO (which is supported by
k3b by the way, for you KDE folks... =)

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-