Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:40:10 +0100

> >> Another 'problem', by how much should the fade range grow/shrink ?
> >> By 1 pixel at a time, by xx seconds, or ?
> >> Currently they move by some fixed amount of samples, RFC please.
> >
> > I would say it should follow exactly the movement of the mouse cursor.
> > It's a bit hard to make long fades at the moment.
>
> What about 0.5 pixel? So it's a little bit less sensitive (but better
> precision) than the mouse?

Sounds to me like we want something like a mouse sensitivity paramater,
right ?

Heh, you guys need to think more.... flexible :-)

What about [ F ] for fade in /out (or [ FG ] and [ GH] if you like that more)
with a sensible default, either 1 pixel, or 0.8 pixel or ..., and using a
modifier key (or mouse button) to toggle this factor to something
larger/smaller ?

So, let me know what you think.  [ F ] works in cvs, as well as the issues
Nicola filed, if there is anything that's still not working....

The non-overlapping fades idea, with automagically adjusting the range of one
of the fades, so they don't overlap, don't know about that.
If you want that, feel free to submit a patch :-)