Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Fades: keys and behaviour
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:03:01 +0100

> Sounds to me like we want something like a mouse sensitivity paramater,
> right ?
>
> Heh, you guys need to think more.... flexible :-)

Haven't we discussed this already years ago ;-) ? Switching the mouse into a
fast mode and a slow mode sounds familiar to me.

> What about [ F ] for fade in /out (or [ FG ] and [ GH] if you like that
> more)
> with a sensible default, either 1 pixel, or 0.8 pixel or ..., and using a
> modifier key (or mouse button) to toggle this factor to something
> larger/smaller ?

Sounds (still) good. The modifier key should be valid for all drag actions, so
something like shift or ctrl would be ideal IMO. Both are also accessible with
one hand on the right side of the keyboard (thinking of panorama [P]). It
wouldn't be a problem for [D], [E], [F], [G] anyway.

Regards
Nic