Re: [Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:13:18 +0100

Remon wrote:
>> ALSA.
>> By the way, is it hard to put in a menubox to choose the alsa devices
>> (input and output)?
>
> Not sure what you mean here, selecting one of the available sound cards, or
> the so called subdevices of an audiocard, the playback/capture buses ?
> The Settings page has the ability allready to choose full/half duplex mode,
> but I think thats not what you have in mind....

No, the available sound devices (could be cards or virtual devices set
up by the user in ~/.alsarc...)

>> I think it would be great if the Q menu could show *all* key actions
>> that would do anything on the pointed area. The ones specific for that
>> area could be on top, with a separator between them and the others.
>
> In cvs, please see if it is what you had in mind, the way it is in cvs now is
> kinda what I had in mind for some time now, but there is certainly room for
> more improvements.

That's great!

> The curveview by default adds a gain curve to AudioClips, not to tracks right
> now

I think it would be nice if both were possible. I can think of times
when you want to compose curves over a range of time which contains many
clips.

> The plugin vs gain/fader vs curve/plugin view didn't yield a clear view or
> strategy, but currently I favor somewhat this solution:
>

> * Only a plugin view, no dedicated curve view since that one only will show
> 1 - 2 gain curves anyways, and will be mostly a duplicate of the plugin view
>
> * The gain (or fader if you like) of a Track/AudioClip is by default a Plugin
> with a default value and a curve. The curve part is disabled by default, and
> this fader plugin doesn't show up by default either in the plugin view
>
> * When 'adding' the 'fader' plugin, to be able to draw a gain curve, the real
> thing that happens is that it becomes visible, and the curve part becomes
> active
>
> * Adding other plugins can be done in the same way (<< P >> , or some other
> action), so you get a clear view what is pre and post fader, since the fade
> plugin will have special look (some kind of different color/shape)
>
> A minor variant on the above: Always show the Fader plugin, but greyed out in
> Plugin Mode.

This sounds very good!

>>> But you obviously have a point here. Painting the whole clip, or just its
>>> contour, what do you think ?
>> The whole clip, just like [D] drag!
>
> Now you mention this, I think it might be the most easy way to first create a
> copy, and then use the copy in the MoveClip class, like faking a [ D ]
> action ;-)

Sure! =)

>>> Anyone a suggestion on this one ?
>> On the other hand, doing W and SPACE is quite fast too... So it's not a
>> big problem.
>
> What about << SPACE >> ?

Perfect.

>> Yes, what do you want? =)
>
> LOL, you don't wanna know, do you ? :-P

I do! =)

Btw, how can I get the "original" traverso theme back?
--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-