Re: [Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] trying latest CVS
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:50:12 +0100

> > Not sure what you mean here, selecting one of the available sound cards,
> > or the so called subdevices of an audiocard, the playback/capture buses ?
> > The Settings page has the ability allready to choose full/half duplex
> > mode, but I think thats not what you have in mind....
>
> No, the available sound devices (could be cards or virtual devices set
> up by the user in ~/.alsarc...)

~/.traverso/Traverso/Traverso.conf

[Hardware]
carddevice=hw:0

Need to add it to the hardware section of the settings page.

> > The curveview by default adds a gain curve to AudioClips, not to tracks
> > right now
>
> I think it would be nice if both were possible.

Of course, that's the whole idea !

> > The plugin vs gain/fader vs curve/plugin view didn't yield a clear view
> > or strategy, but currently I favor somewhat this solution:
> >

> > * Only a plugin view, no dedicated curve view since that one only will
> > show 1 - 2 gain curves anyways, and will be mostly a duplicate of the
> > plugin view
> >
> > * The gain (or fader if you like) of a Track/AudioClip is by default a
> > Plugin with a default value and a curve. The curve part is disabled by
> > default, and this fader plugin doesn't show up by default either in the
> > plugin view
> >
> > * When 'adding' the 'fader' plugin, to be able to draw a gain curve, the
> > real thing that happens is that it becomes visible, and the curve part
> > becomes active
> >
> > * Adding other plugins can be done in the same way (<< P >> , or some
> > other action), so you get a clear view what is pre and post fader, since
> > the fade plugin will have special look (some kind of different
> > color/shape)
> >
> > A minor variant on the above: Always show the Fader plugin, but greyed
> > out in Plugin Mode.
>
> This sounds very good!

OK, if nobody disagrees this will be how it is, at least to get the thing up
and running somewhat!

> >> Yes, what do you want? =)
> >
> > LOL, you don't wanna know, do you ? :-P
>
> I do! =)

LOL

> Btw, how can I get the "original" traverso theme back?

Back to the compiled in version ?

Config file:

[Theme]
themepath=/your/home/dir/.traverso/themes/default

Set it to something else, like:

themepath=

Should do the trick,

Greetings,