Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso Manual

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso Manual
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:06:45 +0100

> > Here's my first draft of the traverso user manual. I'd like to hear your
> > opinions, but please let's do the review step by step. So first of all,
> did
> > I forget anything important? Or should I elaborate on certain parts?
> Does
> > anyone of you want to contribute something in regard to content?

> Ingmar likes too know how to give input, submit patches etc, what about
> uploading it to cvs ?
> I'll leave that up to you though :-)

I will add it to cvs or upload a tarball with the LaTeX code somewhere. I just
wanted to get the content complete before everyone starts rewriting it. As soon
as my part is done, I'll leave it to Ingmar and Matt to organize the language
review. Then we should freeze the english version and start with the
translations (I found someone for french, and I (and Niklas?) will do the
german one).

In the mean time I would prefer to receive comments by e-mail, either to the
list or to my account.

> Ah, and since it's looks fabulous allready, what about starting on the
> developers manual when this one is finished?

Argh! That sounds like an awful lot of work... Will there be more than the
Chapter 1 you suggested below? If not, maybe the chapter could be added to the
user manual instead.

> Chapter 1: Extending Travero's functionality by writing a CommandPlugin

Thanks,
Nic

P.S. Instead of adding the author to the title page, I thought something like
"Digital Audio Workstation" would be better. Or "Multitrack Recording"?