Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso Manual

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso Manual
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:15:53 +0100

> I will add it to cvs or upload a tarball with the LaTeX code somewhere. I
> just wanted to get the content complete before everyone starts rewriting
> it. As soon as my part is done, I'll leave it to Ingmar and Matt to
> organize the language review. Then we should freeze the english version and
> start with the translations (I found someone for french, and I (and
> Niklas?) will do the german one).
>
> In the mean time I would prefer to receive comments by e-mail, either to
> the list or to my account.

OK, sounds good to me. There are a few things that need a little
brainstorming, to keep upgrades of the manual as painless as possible.

> > Ah, and since it's looks fabulous allready, what about starting on the
> > developers manual when this one is finished?
>
> Argh! That sounds like an awful lot of work... Will there be more than the
> Chapter 1 you suggested below? If not, maybe the chapter could be added to
> the user manual instead.

Just kidding, welll, not really hehe.

To get this really work, the command plugin based feature, the deployment of
traverso has to change. A static compiled version won't work with the
plugins, it only works if the traverso libs are compiled as shared ones.
More importantly is api stability, functionality and documentation.
Still, I'd like to continue this direction, one could e.g. download a new
feature as a plugin, drop it into the command plugins directory, and there
you go, no need to compile traverso from scratch :-)
Of course, the most wicked thing would be that other devs start adding code by
means of using this framework (instead of asking me to do it lol) !

> P.S. Instead of adding the author to the title page, I thought something
> like "Digital Audio Workstation" would be better. Or "Multitrack
> Recording"?

Yes indeed much better  I think.

Regards,