Re: [Traverso-devel] Compiling from cvs - March 19

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Compiling from cvs - March 19
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:07:10 +0100

Hello Paul, and welcome to this list!

My internet connection went down quite unexptectedly, but it looks like it's
working again.

CVS indeed was broken, as Ingmar pointed out, a fix has been uploaded.

Traverso consists of a number of libraries, cvs builds them as dynamic ones.
It's most likely that this is the cause of your problems.
You need to instruct the linker where it can find the libraries, you could do
so by by setting the LD_PATH (iirc) environment variable (it has been
mentioned before here, please search the mail archive), or adding the path to
the lib dir (the lib directory in the root dir of your cvs checkout)
to /etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig.

Another solution that always works is to compile everything statically into
the binary, but you need to make sure that when you do a checkout later on,
to relink all libs again into the binary.
The easiest way to do so is to run the cleancompile script:

$ ./cleancompile

Uncomment STATIC_BUILD in src/base.pri to compile all libs statically into the
binary!

Good luck, and let us know please if this fixed your problem!

Greetings,

Remon