Re: [Traverso-devel] Compiling from cvs - March 19

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Compiling from cvs - March 19
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:15:22 +0100

Hello,

> Thanks it works now !!! All I had to do on top of your fixes was to
> disable portaudio in base.pri.

Nice!, though I thought portaudio was diabled too, hmmmm
Oops, indeed, it's still enabled in cvs, will disable it, not of much use
right now anyways...

> Fisrt impressions are very good. I will follow-up on another thread.

Ok, thanks!

> However still on building:
> - it does not seem that disabling jack in base.pri is the only thing
> to do to build without it. Is is something you are considering?

Not sure what you mean ? Disabling it in base.pri is supposed to get jack
support completely out of the build, doesn' it ?

> - could an option be set to allow use of kde filepicker and kioslaves
> for better integration? This may not be your goal, but I'm just
> asking.

This on the one hand would be great, specially kioslaves support, on the other
hand, it's not multiplatform (at the momen, maybe KDE4 will be much
better) ....
So yes, it would be great to have, and on the other hand, it pulls a number of
additional dependencies, and one could ask if it's worth it.....
If someones sends a patch to enable this as a compile time option, I'm all in
for it!

Regards,