[Traverso-devel] Modifier keys, but different

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Modifier keys, but different
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:24:51 +0200

Hi guys,

Ben came with a nice idea to add support for the 'old fashioned' modifier
key(s). I've been thinking to add this too for a long time, but until now I
couldn't figure out a simple way.

So, as you perhaps understood, this kewl new feature is in cvs, since it was
very simple and non-intrusive to add to the keyevent handler (aka
InputEngine).

Usage is simple, you only have to add a new entry in the keymap file if you
want an action to be performed while one or more modifier keys are active.

An example that I've added is for moving and copying a clip, using the left
mouse button.

When the modifier keys are not active, [ leftmousebutton ] will just move the
clip, when pressing both CTRL and ALT, [ leftmousebutton ]  will start a copy
clip action.

Oh well, another precious hour of time wasted ;-)

Greetings,