Re: [Traverso-devel] Snapping Weirdness

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Snapping Weirdness
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:40:53 -0700

On 3/31/07, Remon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tonight I committed a fix for a problem I introduced that caused the
> SnapList to not get marked dirty when it should, plus a few other
> small SnapList fixes.

OK, MarkerView has another one now. If you start traverso from the command
line, you'll see Qt output warning about not being able to connect signal to
slot...

fixed!

>  - Snapping only seems to work when scrolled all the way left.  After
> scrolling right at all, snapping either doesn't happen, or causes
> weird problems.  (The snapList's range is getting updated... Maybe we
> need to add m_rangeStart somewhere?)
>
>  - After zooming out a little from the default, objects will often
> snap to either the correct pixel, or one to either side of it.  I
> think this is a problem in SnapList::update_snaplist(), but I haven't
> found it yet...  The xposList seems to be good... (Remon, want to take
> a look at these?)

Yes, known problem(s), but not exactly _why_ hit happens. If you happen to
have been digging into that part of the code, feel free to continue.. :-)
It has been some while that I looked into that, and the snaplist isn't my
invention, so I'll have to study it myself too...

fixed and fixed!

Please let me know what you prefer. It partially has to do with the scrollbars
that also aren't updated correctly. So they both have to be fixed at the same
time, scrollbars first actually. If you have other things to work at, I'll
have a look, but only next week at the earliest.

remaining problem: dragging an audio clip resets the SnapList's
m_rangeStart and m_rangeEnd to bad values, causeing the SnapList to
find no snap points.  :(

Ben