Re: [Traverso-devel] Accuracy of waveform drawing, and performance

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Accuracy of waveform drawing, and performance
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:10:12 +0200

Hi Jonatan,

> I'd definitely prefer the bottom one, 0.30.0 line based painting.
> Function comes way above eye candy on my priority list!

Good to know, though could you elaborate a little more what you mean with the
functionality of line based painting vs polygon based ? (if there is any of
course)

The reason I switched to polygon based painting is that it will be faster (at
least in the future) then line based, and the new paint code is much cleaner!

Toolkits are moving to vector based drawing, accelerated by the 3D engine of
the graphics card, and line based painting is considered ancient, and no
longer wanted....
Just for the record, that's not my idea, it's just what I read and see
happening (Cario, Qt's paint engine, both vector based)  :-)

Greetings,