Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:55:40 -0700

Hi Jonatan,

I'm sure remon will reply soon.  Things are improving and changing
really fast, and some of the things you bring up are already on our
todo lists.  :)  I respond to a few of your suggestions below...

* It seems pan [P] doesn't work as it should when the pan value is <=
0.0, the pan gots stuck and doesn't go all the way.

hmmm weird.  it looks like this is only when dragging the pan slider,
as opposed to using the [ P ] hold-action.  It looks like, although
the cursor appears to not move while dragging, it's still getting
stopped by the left edge of the screen, so if your traverso window is
close to the left screen edge, you can't drag left very far.

* If you do a fade on a clip and then split another clip, it creates a
similar fade on the new clip by itself!

I plan to fix this one soon.  There's a similar problem with curves,
but the solution remon and I discussed to that one is a bit more
complex...  but hopefully it'll get fixed soon too.

* Snap is quite strange and hard to use, I think it snaps too much.
There's another way to do snapping: instead of the object beeing "drawn"
to the snap destination, it can "stick" to it so that you need to drag N
pixels beyond the snap destination to get it "loose", and then the snap
threshold is subtracted from the mouse position so even then you can
position an object just some pixel next to the snap position if you want.

I agree that snapping is a bit too strong right now, and also slightly
buggy.  I can look more into this one also...  I think implementing
the other kind of snap would be a more invasive change.  But I think I
might agree that the other kind would work better.  It's what I like
in a window manager at least...  But I also don't think it's as high a
priority as a lot of the other stuff here.  :)

* What is the work cursor used for?

zooming centers around the work cursor when you've moved it more
recently than the playhead.

* Perhaps the < X > split command should use the work cursor instead of
the current mouse pointer?

I agree.  :)  I suggested this a while back too.  Remon, what do you think?

* Copy and move and stuff like that should work on multiple clips if
more than one clip is selected

I think this is on remon's todo list?

* It would be useful with a rectangle-selection box to select multiple
clips without having to point at every one and add them to the selection.

* What about << R >> to remove a clip? now I need to first select it and
then delete all selected clips.

I also suggested this one.  :)  I should probably just add it...

Ben