Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:58:46 +0200

Remon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [snap]
>
>> No, I don't think it works as I described. As it is now, the clip is
>> "drawn" to the other, so that if the distance is less than N it will
>> jump to make the distance zero. But my suggestion is to not jump at all,
>> but instead "stick" to the other clip. So then I can put the clip even
>> only 1 pixel to the side of another, but then to move it past it I would
>> need to move my mouse more before the clip begins to move beyond the
>> other one, but still starting from 0.
>
> Yeah I see now...
> Hold commands accept keys now too, for a list of available command use right
> mouse button or < Q > during a hold action, like moving a clip.
> Something that might be usefull for you is the to nex/prev snap position
> options.
> Has some glitches too, but oh well.... :)

Ah, didn't know that.

>>> Would be lovely indeed, need to think about this one a bit.
>>> My last idea is to have the export routine to have a list of clips, so
>>> one can export a range of clips or just one in one go, with a start and
>>> end position...
>> I'm not sure I understand why using a list of clips. You would mostly
>> want to export the entire song or a selected (start->end) part of it
>> (probably markers, since they are used also for CD export). And, I guess
>> the end mark needs to be taken into account also when exporting the
>> entire song, in case you want some silence at the end instead of cutting
>> it exactly at clip end? Especially if one has added reverb trough the
>> plugins, then the reverb tail will be longer than the actual clip end!
>
> Yeah, well, just some idea hehe.
> The idea is that with using a list of clips (internall thing in fact) one
> would be able to just export one clip, some tracks with a range, or complete
> song etc...

Well, internally I might understand the use of a list of clips. But from
the users view it would be a bit strange to select multiple clips to
export them, I would rather set markers and choose start and stop marker
in the export dialog. Then there could be a checkbox for "split file at
markers" if you want to export the entire song but splitted to one file
for each CD-track, etc..
--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]