Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 17:16:03 +0200

Remon wrote:
>>> With [ X ] you get all the nice things like autoscroll, snapping,
>>> position indication...
>>> The snap will only happen when [ X ] finishes of course hehe.
>>> The idea was to add some kind of 'split cursor' for extra visual feedback
>>> (e.g. you see when snapping happens)
>> But there already is a work cursor!
>
> Just in case, not a cursor that stays there all the time, only a small helper
> during [ X ]

Just tried it, and sure it's much better!
Also, I just got an idea: What about a special double-edge drag action,
[ E R ] or something like that, that moves not only the clip-edge at the
cursor but also the edge of the other clip. That is, if the edge pointed
at was one clips end-edge, then also move the next clips start-edge, and
vice versa. In this way, it's really easy to adjust a cut position if
you didn't get it right the first time! I think it would be quite cool
feature, and rather easy to implement I guess?

>> I'll take a look next week when I come back from the weekends live
>> performances (actually performing music, not just sitting in a studio! ;)
>
> OK, have fun!
> Hopefully the problem with the resources bin will be worked out by then!

I have now tried the latest CVS, and here's some reports:

* fade outs doesn't show in the actual waveform, as fade ins do.

* Song gain isn't displayed anywhere so you don't know what gain the
song currently has. There could be a display of it in the VU-meter box,
perhaps?

* Is 'selections' gone?

* It would be nice with a normalize toggle when exporting, so that the
full 32 bits are used while normalizing, instead of having to normalize
the resulting 16 bit file afterwards. One could then also easy implement
a "check for clipping" feature.

* Feature request: Split stereo-clip into two mono-clips.

* When selecting "remove node" in the popup-menu with the mouse when in
Effects mode, the clip is removed instead of the curve-node!

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]