Re: [Traverso-devel] Resources Bin

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Resources Bin
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 18:50:21 +0200

Remon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, the bin has a clips listview, audio sources listview, and showing
> them both.
> Jonatan requested to show them in  a TreeView, audoclips as childs of audio
> sources.
>
> My question is, would it suffice to only have the TreeView, or to use the
> Both
> entry in the combobox selector to show the TreeView, and have the listviews ?

As I see it, it would suffice with only a TreeView. And perhaps
"collapse all" and "expand all" buttons.
I don't see the point with a clip list when you don't know which clips
they are and what source they come from!

Also, I'm a little confused by the fact that there can be multiple clips
with the same name! As I see it, each clip (each region of a source
file) is individual (unless we implement ghost copies). But now, if I
split a clip in two then there's two clips with the same name, even
though it's apparently two different clips!

I also wonder why some clips are greyed out, what does it mean?

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]