Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 22:23:08 +0200

> 1) I tested with a song with a single clip, which I lowered the gain on,
> then exported with normalize checked. This resulted in a fully
> normalized file, as it should.

Hmm, you lowered the gain of the clip?
The normalize of a clip just does that, adding a normalize gain value to the
audiosource signal, to get the signal of the audiosource to 0 dB max.
But if you lowered the gain of the clip, you won't get 0 dB max at export
indeed!

You'll have to reset the clips gain value first... ( << G >> )

Maybe this is confusing, and a normalize action should reset the clips gain by
default?