Re: [Traverso-devel] Release plans, todos

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release plans, todos
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:39:35 -0700

Sounds great!  Some ideas below...

On 5/8/07, Remon <address@hidden> wrote:
* Plugins:
For now, when a plugin only has one in and one out, I'd like to duplicate the
plugin for the second channel for a Track.
The Plugin dialog will then manipulate the parameters of both plugins at the
same time, just for the sake of simplicity... Any objections/suggestions ?

Are there any plugins that don't work right now?  Any with different
numbers of in-channels from out-channels?  (Can we support that now?)
I think we should remove from the list any plugins that are known to
not work with traverso.

* CD export:
It looks like cdrdao can handle multiple files just fine, what about using
that to create a usable toc for Song(s) export ?
Nicola, do you think you can make Song export work before the end of next
week?
If not, no problem, then we could look into that for a next incremental
release or so.

I think that's a good idea.  So: render each song to a file, and
create a simple toc file that includes one track for each song?  If
so, then maybe an option to include the customary 2-second pregap in
front of each song?

Hmmm... or probably better to still look at the track marks, and allow
each song to export as many cd tracks as it has track marks.

And then you'll be able to choose either export song to CD, or export
all songs to cd.

Ben