Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:49:05 +0200

> Hi Traversians,

Hi Nic

> I just committed some changes to the cdrdao export. It should now behave
> correctly in all situations, but the implementation was a bit more
> confusing than I first thought, due to the fact that we have two
> 'competing' ways of laying out a CD:
>
>  - 1 song = 1 track
>  - with trackmarkers, in that case 1 song = 1 CD
>
> The problem is that nothing prevents the user from mixing the two concepts
> ad lib.

Yeah this is indeed a bit of a problem.
I think one either should use a Song as a CD Track, or only one Song in a
Project, and use the markers to create the cd layout....
Well, that is, to keep it transparent for the user him/herself :)

> I did my best to cover every 'stupidity', and amazingly enough, it
> seems to work well so far.

Heh. of course! You're a genius, remember!

> Please let me know if you think the
> 'idiot-proofness' was solved satisfactorily, or if you have a better
> solution. What it does is the following: If there is an end marker (or
> several of them), it exports up to the first one of them. If there is no
> end marker, it exports up to the last frame containing audio data. It also
> tries to handle the case when there is only 1 track marker, which doesn't
> make sense. All that logic takes place in Song::get_cdrdao_tracklist.

OK, cool!

I'll test it out real soon, since accidentally I'm playing a bit with the CD
export as well.
That is, adding a CD Burn tab in the export dialog.....
Works well so far, though I'm not sure if parsing the output of cdrdao will be
solid enough in case it uses multilingual output on stdout....

Oh well, we'll find out quickly enough I guess....

> Thanks + kind regards

Thank you too!
It's very handsome to export to cd right from the application, and this is one
step closer to that goal!