Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:56:03 +0200

Nicola Döbelin wrote:
> Hi Traversians,
>
> I just committed some changes to the cdrdao export. It should now behave
> correctly in all situations, but the implementation was a bit more confusing
> than I first thought, due to the fact that we have two 'competing' ways of
> laying out a CD:
>
>  - 1 song = 1 track
>  - with trackmarkers, in that case 1 song = 1 CD

If you want precision of how tracks are separated on CD you need to use
1 song = 1 CD, for example if you want to tracks to fade into each
other, etc... it's also easier to see and hear the amount of silence
between tracks.

Actually I think the whole concept with songs inside projects is a
little strange! Is it actually useful? I'd prefer to make each song its
own project, and then have ability to import clips and regions from
other projects. And the CD export dialog could have functionality to put
several projects on the same CD, so that first all trackmarks from the
first project is used, then all of the next project, etc.. if a project
has no trackmarks it becomes one track.