Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 23:58:36 +0200

Nicola Döbelin wrote:
> Just a general question: Do you guys really use pre-gaps all the time? I've
> never used them at all, and I don't think I'll use them in future. Is it a
> matter of genre? Are there genres that use hidden tracks more often than
> others? Please enlighten me, I just don't see why pre-gaps have such a high
> priority. ;-)

Personally, no I don't use them. It has happened though, when I have
merged tracks together with sounds between them which is not actually
part of the music in the tracks but works as "glue". So when you listen
to the tracks after each other you hear it, but if you just skip right
to a track you don't hear it. But anyway, this can be done without
pre-gaps too, by putting the glue-sounds as the end of the previous
track. But to summarize, I think it's much more important with a working
and stable CD-export with tracks than the pre-gap feature.

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]