Re: [Traverso-devel] Release status

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release status
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:09:41 +0200

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 22.54:15 Remon wrote:
> > > Stabilizing cvs is still ongoing, I've tried to make the CD export
> > > function more stable today, a number of bugs were fixed, NO new
> > > features are added.... ?
> >
> > Oh, sorry. The clip-lock feature... I just couldn't resist... It was the
> > last one, promised! ;-)
>
> Heh, ok!
> And if you fix the bugs introduced with this new feature, you're again my
> hero :-P

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :-P

> With a bit of luck there will be an up to date Windows installer, can you
> make a binary for Mac OS X with cdrdao included for cd burning?
> If cdrdao is problematic, just leave it out for now, we can add a simple
> patch for mac os x that disables the cd burn tab then...

The problem is that compiling cdrdao only works with fink (no binaries
available), and it requires the fink environment and the Apple Developer SDK
to be installed. I don't think I'll be able to create a distributable binary,
but I'll try again. If we disable CD-writing, we should export each CD track
into a separate wave file, otherwise it won't be possible to burn the tracks
with a standalone application (if several tracks are written to the same wave
file).

> There is also an autopackage [1] in the making, which makes distribution of
> ready to run binaries easier, and more solid, that is, more chance of a
> working binary independent of the distro in use.
>
> Greetings,
>
> [1] http://autopackage.org/

Cool!

Nic