Re: [Traverso-devel] Renaming the Song concept in Traverso

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Renaming the Song concept in Traverso
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:39:33 +0200

> I was talking to remon about this and we came up with the following
> ideas as replacements for the word Song:
>
>  - Session
>  - Page
>  - Sheet
>
> My current favorite is Session.
>
> Other ideas?  Votes?

Session sounds good, and maybe we could even "sell" it as a somewhat different
feature. How about a slogan like "You can save different states of your work in
the same project, and easily jump back and forth". So you would work on Session
1, and instead of saving a backup copy of your project, press a button "Copy to
new session". This would copy Session 1 to Session 2, and you could go on
messing up Session 2. If you don't like the results, go back to session 1. So
the whole Song concept would be turned into an advanced history stack and
backup system, which is preserved over restarts of the program.

How do you like the idea?

Nic

Ben: Sorry for the personal mail. The bloody GMX web frontend drives me nuts...