[Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control

From: ben levitt
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:00:43 -0700

So... I now think that my plan of overloading the Space bar to
start/stop playback, and also to drag the playcursor was a bad idea.

Since dragging with Space moves the cursor, I keep trying to press
Space to set the play cursor, but instead it stops playback.

So I'm proposing moving Play Cursor set/drag to a different key.  But
I need a suggestion for what key to use.

I'm thinking of letting users use Shift or MouseButtonMiddle to
move/set the work cursor, and (Some New Key) or MouseButtonLeft to
move the play cursor.

I thought this might work well since I feel like I move the play
cursor more than the work cursor.

Keymap patch is available here to try this out:

  http://lavendrome.net/patches/playCursor.diff

(Is it a problem that pressing LeftMouseButton on the song by accident
during playback will move the play cursor?)

Ben