Re: [Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:18:40 +0200

Hi Ben,

> So... I now think that my plan of overloading the Space bar to
> start/stop playback, and also to drag the playcursor was a bad idea.

Hah, I thought it was my idea :D

Never mind, I still love how it works, but we cannot 'set' the playcursor with
a < K > type of action, like we can with the work cursor, which is the 'real'
problem I think, not the fact that [ spacebar ] does what it does...

So we indeed need a Set Playhead function (thanks for implementing that!), and
I would suggest to not change the spacebar behavior as it is now, but use
another key action to be able to 'set' the playhead...

In respect to mouse button left, I really like to keep that one 'free' for
selection!
So in order to be able to select multiple clips, you cannot or, very hardly
use the mouse left button to drag clips, set the playhead, or something
else... (although it is possible of course)

Wat about using < W > for setting the playhead position, and << W >> to move
it (back) to the work cursor ?

Of course, if you really like another way of working, then you should create
your own version of the keymap!!
(Just in case people forgot, it's all about choice, and that is given to you,
though you need to edit the keymap of course to make use of that freedom
hehe)
But obviously, we're looking for the most sensible set of keyfact - command
mappings!

For now, setting the playhead with mouse button left is probably preferable
over accidentally setting the workcursor, though to be honest, I won't use
the mouse button left for either of those :)

Regards,