Re: [Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Play Cursor Control
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:35:38 +0200

I added these suggestion, except for switching the Left and Middle
MouseButtons.  LEft is still Work Cursor, middle is now Playhead.

OK

So, remon, you still want to disable set/move work cursor with the
LeftMouseButton?

Not disabling it, it's just more solid to use [D] for moving things around, than relying on the left mouse button for setting the work cursor, play cursor, moving, and selection, which makes the chance of starting the 'wrong' action by accident considarably larger, but of course, we want to be nice to the starting user, who thinks that everything should be managed by one button :-)

Also, is it weird to use W to move/set the playhead?  (I'd expect W to
move/set work cursor since Work starts with W...)

Hmyeah, heh, you allready uploaded the change ....
Just popping up in my mind, what about indeed using W for setting/moving the workcursor, since W for work cursor sounds logical, and using the Shift button for moving / setting the playhead ?

Ben