Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control

From: Niklas Klügel
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:18:28 +0200

Hey!

Hi list,

It's soooo silent in here....

Let's do somehing about it, ehm, say we want jack transport control, which starts to kinda work, and then I'd like to record something that some other application generated.....

I hit the record button, and oops... the transport starts rolling allready.....
That's how currently the record button behaves, it starts recording instantly.
What about "counting in"? you could set a standard-value (1/2/4/8-bars)
that the application waits while playing until the actual recording is rolling.

so long...
Niklas
Anyone with a suggestion how to properly handle this situation ?

Just for the record, I'd like to release 0.40.1 at the end of this week, it includes a fix for yet another audible glitch when playing over a split point, horizontal scrollbar moves during playback, and maybe the jack transport control too (optional feature, so if it doesn't work one can switch it off in the settings dialog)

Greetings,