Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: Traverso MacOSX/ppc build

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: Traverso MacOSX/ppc build
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:13:10 +0200

Hello David,

> > > If you happen to have some time, Nicola would be full of joy if you can
> > > maintain a ppc binary :D
> >
> > OH YEAH! That would be great!
>
> Sure, I'd be happy too.  I'll try pulling down from CVS soon and see
> if I can setup a daily cron to build from there.  Does savannah have a
> build farm like sf.net?

Fantastic!

Savannah has no build farm as far as I know... If we can have regular cvs
builds after something important is implemented that needs testing, and of
course for the releases, that would be lovely allready!

> qt-4.2.3

Qt 4.3 would be preferred for it's better painting performance, but you indeed
need to use a patch for Qt 4.3.0, and set the DEFINES += QT_430_SCROLLBAR_FIX
uncommented in src/base.pri

It's of course optional to use Qt 4.3., 4.2.3 works just fine!

However, if you'd like to compile Qt 4.3, a Qt 4.3.0 snapshot has also the fix
for the non-working scrollbars, you still need to un-comment the
QT_430_SCROLLBAR_FIX define though.

> (*Note: "JackPilot->About Jack" reports Jack Server v0.101.3.  It's
> possible that they haven't updated the website, since I don't see 0.74
> mentioned anywhere aside from the download page)

Ah, Traverso has native Jack support, and right now I'm trying to connect jack
transport control events to Traverso's internal transport controls.

So I would actually advice to use the native  Jack support (remove the
DEFINES -= JACK_SUPPORT in the macx { } scope in base.pri. if you want to
build a binary with jack support)

If I understand it correctly, when jack is not installed on someones computer,
the binary still works, the jack driver won't show up in the driver selector.
(Taj, is that true, or needs the build to be adjusted for this somehow ?
I guess during the build the relaytool tool (from autopackage) needs to be
available...)

The 'native' Jack support is thus much better then the jack support in
portaudio!

> It seems to run well so far.  I've just barely had a chance to test it
> out, but the fft window, import wavs and saving projects seems to be
> working just fine.

Great!

> I've attached a diff of the changes I made to compile it.
> Basically, I had to comment out the slv2_world_load_path call that was
> hidden away inside of an #if defined(Q_WS_MAC) (in PluginManager.cpp).
>
> qApp wasn't in scope so if that was to stay in we'd have to possibly
> #include <qapplication.h>.  I did try that but gcc then said that
> slv2_world_load_path wasn't in scope, so I figured I'd come back to it
> once I had a chance to ask you guys about it.

Ah, yes, this hack has been removed in cvs, so that's fixed allready!

If there is something else you want to know, feel free to ask anything! (well,
almost anything :-P )

I'm often reachable in irc #traverso too!

Greetings,