Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] jack transport control
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:40:22 +0200

Hi Ben (again)

> I look forward to working more on traverso, but it will have to wait a
> week or two.  I have other projects going on right now.  (Stuff at
> work, and lots for the radio station.)

OK, take your time! (but don't make it too long.. :D )

> Things I want to work on soon:
>  - small UI improvements
>    - editing a fade should stop followplayhead, like moving a clip does
>    - clicking in the scrollbar to scroll by a page should stop
> followplayhead - import/export of more file formats
>    - flac using libflac so that it works better
>    - mp3 (liblame)
>    - aac (libaac)
>    - ogg
>  - dynamic resampling of files that have a different samplerate than
> the soundcard  (By default, all files should play at their natural
> rate)
>  - optionally writing a decoded/resampled wav file to the project dir
> at import time

There is a library, libfish that was made for the purpose to have higher level
abstraction for ogg containers, but it's still lower level then libsndfile.
However, there is allready work started to make a libfish backend for
libsndfile so that libfish can be used from libsndfile, which would be
preferred of course!

> I'll probably need some help with the resampling and import stuff...

Me too ....

> Obviously, don't wait for any of this for a bug/doc fix release.

Thank you, thank you !

Greetz,